The ISIS Crisis
The issue with the extremist group, ISIS (also known as ISIL) has been an ongoing thing for a while now. So here’s a brief overview and the latest of the ISIS buzz.
- LATEST: ISIS released a new video in which British Journalist John Cantlie released a message from ISIS.
- Cantlie is the latest hostage who was forced to send a message on behalf of the extremist group.
- His message entailed him wearing an orange shirt and seated alone at a desk. According to Cantlie’s message, he will be sending a series of messages from ISIS.
- ISIS has threatened the life of another British hostage, Alan Henning.
- ISIS western executions:
- Two men were charged on Thursday, Sept. 18 in connection to a terror plot that Australia’s Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, said involved a series of public executions.
- According to Abbott, there was intelligence about a “demonstration killing,” which basically means a killing where the alleged individuals/group plan to kidnap a member of the public, behead the victim and then drape the person with an ISIS flag.
- President Obama’s strategy to “destroy” ISIS:
- LATEST: The senate approved Obama’s plan to train and arm Syrian rebels to fight ISIS.
- With the approval given by the senate on Thursday, Sept. 18, Obama is still reinforcing that there will be no American troops on the ground.
- Ebola-affected patients are buying survivors’ blood from the black market.
- The blood for the Ebola virus survivors is said to have antibodies that can potentially fight the virus.
- The deadly virus has already killed 2,400 people in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Scotland decides to stay with UK
- LATEST: Alex Salmond, Scottish First Minister, decided on Friday, Sept. 19 (after Scotland voted against independence) that he would resign and step down as the Leader of the Scottish National Party.
- Scotland voted on Thursday, Sept. 18 on whether or not to be independent and break away from the UK. The majority of Scotland voted no and decided to stay with UK; 55% voted against the independence.
The NFL keeps messing up
First Ray Rice, then Adrian Peterson and now Jonathan Dwyer….what is going on?
- LATEST: Arizona Cardinals backup running back, Jonathan Dwyer, has been released on bond after he got arrested for domestic violence.
- Dwyer was deactivated from the Cardinals after the news of the arrest.
- Dwyer was charged with domestic violence after he head-butted his wife in the face, causing a nose fracture.
- Dwyer allegedly tried to get intimate with his wife after she repeatedly told him to stop. He wouldn’t stop and so she bit his lip, thinking he’d stop then. But instead, he head-butted her and threw a shoe, which hit his 17-month-old son.